Massive picture update!
Who in their right mind would start a website to post their progress while starting a gym, and then not post a single picture of how it's going? Obviously I'm not in my right mind! Not that I didn't already know. Anyways, here are some progress pics, from everything to designing racks to painting, to printing shirts to training and all else!
JANUARY (IDEA STAGE) - MAY
- Started planning the space - where to put everything!
- February 14th - Starting up the company on Valentine's Day!
- Got lots of free tires for flipping
- Finished the logo
- Signed the lease
- Emptying the whole place
- Received 3,6 tonnes of rubber flooring (about 300 sqm)
- Got some nice media attention!
- Making atlas stones! Started off with 13" and 15"
- Got over 500 likes on Facebook
- Started printing on hoodies
- Got my own huge port (great for deliveries)
- Played around with strength jewellery
- Made a sign for the window for commercial!
- Chose color of the machines
- Cleaned ALL THE THINGS
- Tried the atlas stones!
- Rewielded the door to go inwards instead of out
- LOOOOOTS OF PAINTING ALL THE THINGS
- Opened up a door next to the port
- My nephew learned how to ride a bike
- Lots of color planning
- Started selling memberships and hoodies!
- Got the first 3D layouts of the gym
- Spend a lot of time designing racks and speaking in millimeters
- Started working on the wooden platforms
- Got rid of the awful swimming centre look in the stair and painted it a fresh white!
- Got the sound system in place!
- Put up the stone platform and the crossfit rig (that I designed myself!)
- Laid down the turf.
- Cleaned out the last of the ventilation system.
- Got new 3D pics and a video of what the gym would look like.
- Built three 50mm wooden platforms.
- Changed all the lighting from 400w mercury to 60w LED.
- Built the reception area (so much time spent at IKEA!)
- Fixed the oily floors and painted them (I'll never paint floors again!)
- Did my first ever plumbing!
- Fixed the ugly stair, finally!
- Got everything sorted in the changing rooms and corridors in the basement.
- Got all the main equipment delivered from Eleiko and Hammer Strength, plus some extras from Strength Shop and Rogue Fitness
- Set up all the mirrors (we now hate mirrors)
- Built the stretch area
- Laid down all the rubber flooring
- Installed the entry access system
- Organized a Barbelles Meetup before the official opening - success! We also had a
- August 11 - Sneap peak opening for the presale customers. Lots of stuff was still in the works but people were happy to come in and train anyways!
- August 30th - Opening day! We had about 300 visitors, crazy good for an opening! US Muscle Shop was there to sell supplements, Celsius had a drink stand, we had free hot dogs for all. I broke a chain with my bare hands ! RAWR!
- Had an entrepreneur network over that were interested in the gym
- Released our app for news and booking classes
- Started running classes & PT
- Printed on pants and sold lots of clothing
- Strongman class was a success!
- People were really appreciative of the whole project :D
- More classes!
- Got nominated as "Best Gym" to Guldhjärtat, it's like the Oscar's for Sweden's fitness industry.
- Made more atlas stones! Now from 30-100kg.
- Signed up for Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Finally had some time to think about what Massive had become
- TRX got insanely popular
- Had the privilige to have plenty of awesome classes
- Got the Hammer Strength Official Training Centre sign up
- November 26th-28th - Attended Eleiko Strength Coach Level 1
- Even more awesome classes!
- Prepared a makeover for the group training room
- Laid down new flooring in the instruktor's room
- December 27th - Member day with Open House and competitions. What a success! Possibly the BEST day at Massive EVER.
- Got sick for all of my free days (of course fever, it's you).